Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Back Up Plan

Or, "If Foursquare don't come to the party."

Many of you might be thinking, "This sounds all well and good but most of the idea hinges on Foursquare making this badge for you. They must get hundreds of badge suggestions daily, what if they never get round to making yours?"
And you'd be right, if I didn't already have a back up plan in mind.

If we don't get Foursquare to get on board with the idea (and believe me, I'm trying!) then I propose holding a leaderboard style race between Foursquare users to collect as many points as possible. I will tally the points (proof of check-in would be required, probably in the form of a retweet of your check-in mentioning @7point1squared) and update the leaderboard here on the blog, regularly.
On certain days or weeks I will offer bonus points (e.g. "Double points if you check into a library today!") and highlight specific participating venues (e.g. "5 bonus points for checking into Tom's Plumbing Supplies this week!")

I'm hoping to gather donated prizes to offer to the race winner and spot prizes through the time the race runs for too! I'd like to time it to co-incide with the Boxing Day Replay Sales in February (which the Christchurch City Business Association are organising) but it will depend on how quickly interest picks up in the idea! (See the Progress update post for more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment